ADVi3++ is an alternative and better firmware for Wanaho Duplicator i3+ printers and their clones like the Monoprice Select Plus. It is based on the latest stable release of Marlin (2.1) and adds some new specific features. In particular, it support the LCD Touch Panel.
Note: Full access to this User Manual is only provided to active sponsors of the project on Patreon.
If you arrive here for the first time, you probably want to flash ADVi3++ on your printer. Before, be sure that your printer is compatible with ADVi3++.
It has the following features when compared to the stock Wanhao firmwares:
- Based on Marlin 2.1 (stock Wanhao firmwares are based on Marlin 1.x)
- New redesigned LCD screens
- Change LCD panel parameters such as the brightness, the dimming, the level of the buzzer (including suppressing it)
- BLTouch support with automatic bed leveling and troubleshooting tool
- Filament Runout sensor support
- Access on the LCD display to more printer parameters like Feedrate, Acceleration and Jerk settings
- Tuning of the extruder motor
- Tool to detect origin of vibrations and related mechanical problems
- Compensate mechanical problems such as twist on the X axis and skew
- Display of messages (M117 code) and progress bar from external software such as OctoPrint (Detailed progress plugin for example)
- Advanced Pause (M600 support)
- A complete and up to date User Manual
Currently, ADVi3++ is compatible with:
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus (Bi3Plus)
- Monoprice Maker Select Plus (15711)
- Monoprice Maker Select Plus “Euro” (21871)
- Monoprice Maker Select Plus “UK” (24165)
- Aldi Cocoon Create Touch (HE161192)
- Aldi Balco 3D Touchscreen
- Microcenter PowerSpec WanHao Duplicator I3 PLUS (422204)
- Wanhao Duplicator i3 Plus Mark II (wanhao.i3.plus.Mk2) Note: Power-loss recovery is not implemented
- Aldi Balco 3D Printer (HE180021)
ADVi3++ is not compatible with printers that do not have a similar LCD panel (DGUS DWIN), i.e. it is not compatible with previous versions of Duplicator i3, i3 Mini, etc.